SEMAS Abacus Maths
Semas Abacus and Mental Maths provides children with powerful brain and skills development courses aimed at the three to eleven year old child.
Did you know?
According to the Human Sciences Research Council of South Africa and the Timss Study, SA students perform the worst in international Maths and Science competitions. In fact, South Africa has finished last on two occassons (in 38th and 50th places).
Who are the Best Performers at International Competitions?
Japan, Hong Kong, Korea and Chinese Taipei and Singapore .
What do these countries do differently?
Most Popular Abacus Education Worldwide?
Japanese (Soroban) Abacus Education
What are the benefits?
- Creates a love for Maths
- Improves concentration
- Improves listening skills
- Boosts self-confidence
- Promotes intuitive thinking
- Enhances problem solving capabilities
- Greatly enhances creativity
- Increases IQ by up to 25 points
Our target market is defined according to age groups and is governed by the school system. Courses are designed specifically for the age groups and are as follows:
- Mini Soroban: 3 - 5 years old
- Soroban Kids: 5 - 8 year old
- Mastering Soroban: 8 – 11 year old ( 10 levels 3+ years)
- School Soroban for schools implementing SEMAS as part of learning plan
- Soroban Flash: a short 2 month course.