Many stay at home moms are looking for something to do to make some extra money or earn a small contributing income. For many stay at home moms, their extra money making ideas or home based business ideas can blossom into full time businesses and for others it is simply a way of earning a little extra money for spending or for the household. Regardless of your reasons, there are a number of great home based business ideas that really work for stay at home moms. We have included a list for you to consider:
- Children’s Party Hire – Every child has a birthday party every year and will require small tables, chairs, decor and themes. Many stay at home moms find this a rewarding way of making extra money. If you don’t want to start up from scratch, there are numerous franchises that parents can consider buying into.
- Arts & Crafts Classes For Children – Many children show an interest in arts and crafts and parents like to have their children participate in classes where they can meet like-minded friends and learn a craft. This is a great way to have fun and make some extra money.
- Cakes & Treats - Making homemade birthday cakes, cup cakes, cookies and treats is a great way to make some extra money. Mothers who work a full day do not have the time to do all of this so your service would be very much about convenience.
- Day Care Centre – Opening a day care centre will allow you to make extra money while still being at home to look after your kids.
- Lift Service – Offering a lift service for the children in the same school as your children (or the same area) could be a great way to earn an extra income. Services like this (Soccer Moms included) are usually very busy and well supported by local parents.
- Sell Fun Kids Products – Bath products and toys for kids are a popular way to earn extra income. Home business affiliates such as Acorn Kids is a popular way of getting into the market.
- Market & Sell Cosmetics – Moms selling cosmetics and beauty products to other moms from ranges such as Avon have been very successful. Look into make-up and jewellery ranges with affiliate programs in your area.
- Host Classes For Other Stay at Home Moms – Classes such as yoga or meditation or Taebo are very popular amongst other stay at home moms. Put together and host weekly classes at your home for other moms in the area.
- House Sitting Services – House sitters and pet sitters are always required for those who are going on holiday or need to be away for business. Make extra money by offering your competent services.
- Baby Sitting Service – All parents of young children need some time out for romantic dinners or special dates. Offer your services as a baby sitter for these occasions and earn some extra money!
If you are looking for a way to make money or earn a side line income, then consider any of the above work from home options. With the right advertising, effort and dedication, you will find that making extra money as a stay at home mom can be both simple and rewarding.
Author: Franchise Finder, Online Directory of Franchises and Business Opportunities in South Africa